Ingredients for 2-4 people:
- 2 courgettes – select the straightest ones 1 lemon, juice and zest
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 large handful of almonds
- 2 large handfuls of fresh basil
- A pinch of red or yellow chilli
- Οlive oil
- 2 large handfuls of fresh rocket
- Fresh vegetables (optional)
Trim the tops off the courgettes. Using a large, sharp knife, cut the courgette lengthwise into long, thin panels like pasta ribbons.
Toss in a bowl with a pinch of salt, the zest from the lemon and a good squeeze of juice.
Place the almonds, basil, chilli and a good pinch of salt in mixer and pound until it starts to come together. Add a good squeeze of lemon juice, oil until to bring everything together, taste it and add whatever you need more.
Dollop 1-2 spoonful of the pesto in with your courgettes. Gently mix it with your hands, until the courgettes have a nice pesto coating. Toss the rocket leaves in, mix again, and finish with a drizzle of olive oil, a squeeze of lemon, a few fresh basil leaves and some chopped almonds.