Ingredients for 12:
- 2 cups pecans
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar or brown sugar alternative
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- dash sea salt, if desired
- First, preheat oven to 200 degrees. Line a rimmed baking pan with parchment paper.
- Arrange pecans in an even layer on lined pan.
- Melt coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl. Stir in coconut sugar until combined.
- Pour this mixture over pecans. With hands, toss pecans until they are fully coated. Arrange in an even layer.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until pecans are warm and golden but not turning brown.
- Remove pan from oven. Pour pecans into a large bowl.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt dark chocolate chips and coconut oil in 30 second increments, stopping to stir between each increment.
- Once smooth and creamy, pour chocolate mixture over pecans in large bowl. Use a spoon to fully coat the pecans. Then use the spoon to drop pecans in small clumps on a separate clean parchment lined pan.
- Continue this process for all pecans. You should have 10 to 12 clumps of pecans at the end. If desired, sprinkle sea salt on top.
- Place pan in the fridge for at least 30 minutes or until chocolate has cooled and hardened.